Introduction to Core52
Think of Core52 as a fast-pass to biblical literacy, calling for 15 minutes a day, 5 days a week, for 1 year. Author Mark Moore identifies the most power-packed passages and distills them into a digestible format for busy people who want to gain proficiency with Scripture. Core52 is a better way to know the Bible better.
Each week during 2021, Kenny will bring us a message based on a chapter of the Core52 book by Mark Moore. You'll want your own copy of Core52. Pick one up at your favorite retailer or at our church office for a suggested donation of $5. You are encouraged to read one chapter a week and are given additional opportunities in the book to further study the idea presented that week.
Plan on spending about 15 minutes a day to be on your way to knowing the Bible better and developing a closer relation with the Father!
- Monday, read the four-page essay in the book
- Tuesday, memorize the core verse
- Wednesday, read the core Bible story
- Thursday, meditate on three verses with the same core
- Friday, apply the core verse action step (which is best done in a small group or with an accountability partner).
You may wish to set up an account at Core52.org for access to additional resources and to track your progress. More info below the intro video.
Additional Resources Available at the Core52.org Website
Core52 Login: Once you have created an account at Core52, you can log in and track your progress as you watch a weekly video, memorize the scripture of the week, and more. The site provides 52 weeks of additional content for each day of a week that corresponds to the suggested schedule in the book.
- Monday, after reading the essay in the book, watch the essay video
- Tuesday, view memory video to help memorize core verse
- Wednesday, read the core Bible story (verse references only are listed in the book, but the website gives the complete verses)
- Thursday, meditate on three verses with the same core (again, only referenced at the end of each chapter, but the website has the complete verses)
- Friday, apply the core verse action step (the website lists the action step, but also gives discussion questions to talk about in a small group or with an accountability partner)