Stephen Leaders & Ministers
Stephen Leaders are church staff, lay leaders, and pastors trained at a Leader’s Training Course to provide ongoing leadership for their congregation’s Stephen Ministry. First Christian Church of Malvern currently has 12 Stephen Leaders.
Stephen Ministers are congregation members trained by their Stephen Leaders to offer care to people who are hurting. A Stephen Minister typically has one care receiver at a time and meets with that person once a week for about an hour. FCCM currently has 12 Stephen Ministers and is always looking for committed individuals desiring to train to become a Stephen Minister. See one of our Stephen Leaders or call the office or contact us using the button at the bottom of this page. You can also learn more about the program by going to the official Stephen Ministry website.
We plan to offer Stephen Leader and/or Minister training a couple times a year.
The 50 hours of Stephen Minister training . . .
- teaches principles and skills that equip you to provide high-quality, Christ-centered emotional and spiritual care to others.
- gives you new insight into the thoughts, feelings, and actions of people who are hurting.
- equips you with relational and caring skills you can apply to all aspects of your life.
- helps deepen your faith as the Holy Spirit fashions you into a Christ-centered caregiver.
- builds a special bond of Christian community and camaraderie among all those in your class.
- is highly interactive, engaging, and a lot of fun!
If you are interested in becoming a part of this ministry, use the button below to contact us and get more details and to begin the process of joining this vital ministry.
In the book of Acts, Stephen was chosen to provide caring ministry to those in need. Caring ministry has been always considered a hallmark of the Christian faith community.
Stephen Ministry is appropriate for people experiencing:
- physical rehabilitation
- long-term care
- chronic illness
- terminal illness
- job loss
- loss of a home
- military deployment
- the onset of a disability
- spiritual crisis
- many other life struggles